Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.
Currently, I use phrases that I am commonly exposed to, like "bruh", I also use phrases that are common among gen z. These phrases are in a lot of peoples vocabulary as well. These words don't have any meaning yet, a large population of people understanding its meaning and how to use it. Words like "bruh", aren't professional, however, it captures that feeling or expression that is trying to be expressed. It has become part of my vocabulary simply because I have been exposed to it so much through the internet. I typically use this phrase when something isn't working out, when I am annoyed with something, or when someone says something dumb. Saying this phrase and others phrases like it most likely shows that I am connect with gen z ideas and I am "up to date" with the newest trends.
Summary: In class I was not present but we looked over vocab in the book. We went over definitions and practiced with using them in phrases.
Reflection: Doing these exercises help me with practicing how to use vocab in my everyday life. I can apply these words into my writing or speech to replace words like "bruh". Having practice with a book helps me to be focused on whats in front of me instead of looking on my computer and screens all day.
Comments
Post a Comment