How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

 Living in Atlanta and being exposed to different kinds of cultures has made me more curious and willing. Being around different cultures has opened my eyes to seeing new thoughts, practices, etc. If I were talking to someone new in Atlanta I would want them to understand that Atlanta is extremely diverse. If you were to walk into a basic grocery store in the center of Atlanta, you would see all different kinds of races, cultures, religions, etc. If I were to live in a different area in the world where diversity wasn't as big, I would not enjoy living there as much.

Summary: Today in class we looked over a speech given by the mayor addressing the protests about George Floyd.

Reflection: This speech helped me practice my rhetorical situations and it helped me most of all understand the whole George Floyd situation on a different level.

Comments