Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

 I have repeadly made claims about my faith and I have been questions and asked multiple times how on earth I know if it is true, to them I answer typically with a testimony. When I argue with facts that is backed up with evidence, there will always be am argument that someone comes up will against that 'proves" how wrong it is. When I offer a testimony instead, they can't argue as well with it, because they can't tell me how I felt or what I was going through in that moment. A testimony is an experience that no one can take away from me or my identity.

Summary: Today we went over evidence and how strongly it can be used. We specifically read ambush and talked about perspective some.

Relfection: Reading Ambush and reviewing perspective helped me open my eyes to different views a person may have about certain topics. It helped me see how there doesn't always have to be or right or wrong answer but there can multiple answers that can be backed up with the correct evidence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?