After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.
After scoring AP lang arguments, some takeways that I can apply is how I use words and and phrasing. In a lot of the essay's, Ive noticed that they didn't all use formal language. I think I would need to improve my writing so that my writing doesn't look informal either. I also tookaway that their commentary is everything. Some had good evidence but their explanation was extremely weak, this made it all weak. I learned that claims are easy to pick out but some people were struggling with explaining why they picked their evidence. Certain paragraphs that were longer tended to do better because they had a clear understanding of what they were writing, shorter ones seemed like they ran out of time.
Summary: Today in class we went on writable and reviewed essays. We graded them according to the rubric.
Refection: Looking over essays with the rubric allows me to pick out what is wrong or right. Having knowledge about what other people wrote also allows me to see how to pick apart writing to find exactly what I need so that I can succeed. Overall, these exercises help me with my writing and improve my language.
Comments
Post a Comment