Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.
When I was in middle school, I would look at the rubric after I completed the assignment. Doing this made me realize everything I did wrong after the fact. Now I tend to completely review the rubric before I write my essay. Doing this allows me to know exactly what Im supposed to do. I like to know what I need to do so that I can ensure that I do well and follow the criteria. After reviewing the rubric, I can use the rubric as a road map by following it exactly so that my writing can improve in the right way.
Summary: Today in class we went over the essay rubric. We went over what was involved with crafting an argument with correct language and formats.
Reflection: Doing this allows me to know exactly what I need to do. Having a rubric allows me to know everything that I need to know and how to do it. Overall, having knowledge prior to writing ensures that I can score the maximum amount of points.
Comments
Post a Comment