Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.

 I recently did an AP US History project and I didn't know the rubric well. I had to do the whole assignment without knowing exactly what my teacher was looking for. This made it hard for me to create something that was worth a chunk of my grade. Knowing the "ins and outs" of the rubric would have helped me stay confident in my work. I would have had an easier time forming thoughts and ideas about the project. Knowing the rubric for AP Lang Argument Essay will help stay confident in my writing and will help me approach the essay knowing exactly what needs to be done to ensure the max amount of points. 

Summary: Today in class I was not there but we went over the rubric. We highlighted and discussed what kind of writing would give my writing the most points.

Reflection: Looking over the rubric helps ensure that I will remember what is necessary in my writing. I now know what I am being scored on and how it affects my overall score. Going into writing blindly will cause me to feel like I have no clue what I'm doing, which will make my writing weak, however, having experience with the rubric, will help me and my writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?