Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?

 After completing a "So What?" exercise, I now understand how write a commentary effectively. I did not fully understand how to word everything in a way that made sense without using the terms "the evidence shows....", so having understanding about how I'm actually supposed to word phrases to ensure that I am answering and explaining and that I get the sophistication point. Overall, practicing with writing commentary helps me by making sure I can write why something was written and why it is important to the claim.

Summary: Today we went over commentary. We did practice with writing commentary with a claim.

Reflection: Going over how to do a commentary allows me to understand why an author decides to do certain ideas when writing. Having practice lets me know what I need to be doing in order to write a strong commentary. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?