Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?
Once, I attended a ceremony where the speaker constantly used informal language. Their job was to give a speech and walk through the ceremony. They delivered their speech with a lot of informal tones and made me wonder what prompted them to do so. They used slang particularly the most. I think if it were me delivering the speech, I would choose my words to not be so relaxed. I think my words would carry a lot of weight, especially in a ceremony, therefore I would be very picky. I would not use any informal language and definitely would not use slang.
Summary: Today we went over our paragraphs and revised them more. We typed them on writable and made sure we had all the right components.
Reflection: Going over our paragraphs helped me point out where I may have used informal language. Having multiple people review with me also made me realize how easily I missed my mistakes with informal language.
Comments
Post a Comment