Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?
I believe I have the hardest time with evidence. I think I have such a hard time because I need to come up with either experiences, readings , or observations to sort my evidence in to. I have an easy time with observation because it isn't something that I personally experienced but rather something that I watched someone else experience. Its easy for me to write about how I have witnessed someone go through something or how I have gone through something and how I have grown from it. I struggle the most with readings and fitting evidence into that category. I think I need to read more articles so that I can use it in my argument. I also need to learn how to site them properly in my essay.
Summary: Today we practiced with identifying each element of an authors line of reasoning. We also worked on a paragraph with our own prompt.
Reflection: Doing these practices in class help me identify and categorize each element. Doing this repeatedly will help me in my writing with not only constructing something but also being able to check myself. Overall going over these steps will help me and my writing in the long run.
Comments
Post a Comment