Write about a fear you have overcome.

 I have been afraid of getting in front of people and public speaking recently. I have never been afraid of it but recently, my brain has tricked me into thinking that it is a scary thing. I have been slowly overcoming this fear by speaking, singing, and playing at church. I am planning on over coming the fear of public speaking in this class with speeches. I am doing a concert next week for chorus, we are singing at a festival and I have a solo part, so I am planning on hopefully overcoming the fear of singing in front of other people. Though I have not "overcome" my fears in the aspect of absolutely not being scared of it anymore, I have been convincing my brain and telling myself that I have no reason of being scared of it, in hopes that I will soon get over it.

Summary: Today in class we looked over more about claims. We also looked over our scores on our first quiz.

Reflection: Learning about the claims helps me create a strong argument that I can further talk about. Looking over my quiz score also helps me see where I need to improve and how I can overcome those challenges with tools that I gather throughout the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in AP Language so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?